Regular updates will be provided through the official NHS and Scottish Government sources. Below are some resources on the web which will provide you with the most up-to-date information:
- NHS Inform
- Scottish Government information on coronavirus in Scotland https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Fit for Travel – Travel advice and country specific information https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/…/coronavirus-disease-covid…
- NHS Handwashing technique video
- Health Protection Scotland workplace advice
In addition, there is a Scottish Government helpline for people to call who do not have symptoms, but are looking for general advice.
The Freephone number is: 0800 028 2816
ADVICE AND HELP FOR THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
If you are a business anywhere in Scotland including the South of Scotland, the following measures have been announced to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19 for the 2020/21 financial year:
- a 75% rates relief for retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a rateable value of less than £69,000 from 1 April 2020
- an £80 million fund to provide grants of at least £3,000 to small businesses in sectors facing the worst economic impact of COVID-19
- 6% rates relief for all properties across Scotland, effectively reversing the planned below inflation uplift in the poundage from 1 April 2020
- a fixed rates relief of up to £5,000 for all pubs with a rateable value of less than £100,000 from 1 April 2020
The business helpline is 0300 303 0660 and is open Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
You should select option one to speak to the COVID-19 team.
Please note my Parliamentary office remains open as usual and can be contacted on 01387 279205 or by e mail email@example.com