Colin Smyth MSP
Regular updates will be provided through the official NHS and Scottish Government sources. Below are some resources on the web which will provide you with the most up-to-date information:
- NHS Inform
- Scottish Government information on coronavirus in Scotland https://www.gov.scot/coronavirus-covid-19/
- Fit for Travel – Travel advice and country specific information https://www.fitfortravel.nhs.uk/…/coronavirus-disease-covid…
- NHS Handwashing technique video
- Health Protection Scotland workplace advice
In addition, there is a Scottish Government helpline for people to call who do not have symptoms, but are looking for general advice.
The Freephone number is: 0800 028 2816
ADVICE AND HELP FOR THE BUSINESS COMMUNITY IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
If you are a business anywhere in Scotland including the South of Scotland, the following measures have been announced to help mitigate the impact of COVID-19 for the 2020/21 financial year:
- a 75% rates relief for retail, hospitality and leisure sectors with a rateable value of less than £69,000 from 1 April 2020
- an £80 million fund to provide grants of at least £3,000 to small businesses in sectors facing the worst economic impact of COVID-19
- 6% rates relief for all properties across Scotland, effectively reversing the planned below inflation uplift in the poundage from 1 April 2020
- a fixed rates relief of up to £5,000 for all pubs with a rateable value of less than £100,000 from 1 April 2020
The business helpline is 0300 303 0660 and is open Monday to Friday 8.30 am to 5.30 pm.
You should select option one to speak to the COVID-19 team.
Please note my Parliamentary office remains open as usual and can be contacted on 01387 279205 or by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org