I’m recruiting a part-time Caseworker to support my existing team in my busy local Parliamentary office in Dumfries. The full details of the job are below.
Job Title – Caseworker
Hours- Part-time, 20 hours per week (flexible days if required)
Based - MSPs Regional Office, 17 Buccleuch Street, Dumfries, DG1 2AT
Salary- £21,140 to £25,850 pro rata
Application- Apply by sending your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 11 May 2018
Further details: For any further details call 01387 279205
- Dealing with general public enquiries.
- Dealing with constituency casework effectively and efficiently and investigating and responding to issues raised through correspondence, telephone calls, emails and surgeries.
- Communicating and corresponding (telephone/personal/written) with internal and external enquirers including MSPs, parliamentary staff, members of the public, other parliaments and government departments.
- Establishing and maintaining policy resource files.
- Maintaining an electronic and manual filing system. Associating previous papers with current correspondence and extracting document on request.
- Typing of correspondence and reports as required.
- Arranging and advertising of surgeries.
- Attending surgeries as required and supporting community engagement activities.
- Attending policy seminars as required.
- Carrying out duties or projects, as delegated and supporting others in their ability to carry out their parliamentary roles as required.
Key skills and competences:
- Knowledge and understanding of the Scottish political scene (Essential).
- Knowledge and understanding of issues affecting the local community (Essential).
- Demonstrable interpersonal skills with the ability to identify and take forward issues on behalf of my constituents (Essential).
- Flexible approach to working with the ability to work on their own initiative within a small local constituency office (Essential).
- High Standard of administrative skills with a demonstrable working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook (Essential).
- Proven communication skills, both written and verbal with a polite, pleasant and confident telephone manner and be able to deal with constituents and outside bodies in a confidential manner (Essential).
- Experience of dealing with sensitive issues and respecting the need for confidentiality (Essential).
- Strong organisational skills (Essential).
- Advocacy Skills (Desirable)
- Full driving licence (Desirable)